This week has been a week of eye-opening, mind-exploding learning about the power of teacher collaboration.
SCDSB is working with a variety of other school boards including Wikwemikong High School,
Mnjikaning Kendaaswin Elementary School, Orangeville Secondary School and Mine Centre Elementary School to participate in Wab Kinew's #CraftReconciliation challenge. Wab Kinew made the following challenge to Canadian educators.
- a virtual "handshake" where students share a short media piece about themselves
- an interactive map where we will embed information and media about all the communities participating
- background information building learning activities including articles to read, interactive digital vocabulary building activities, literacy activities, cultural activities, etc.
- collaborative annotation activities
- lip dub activity where all classes will lip synch to the same song and we will create a video mash up
- a Good Reads group for students reading novels on the theme of reconciliation or starting over